What do we do?
The Parish Council is the first tier of local governments and the one closest to the community in which it operates. In England there are four tiers of local government, each serving a greater geographical area and larger population:
- The Parish Council
- The District Authority (e.g. South Cambs District Council
- The County Council
- Regional Government.
Our Duties Include:
- Management of specific land within the Parish
- Reviewing and commenting on planning applications within the Parish
- Liaising with relevant authorities regarding infrastructure/policing/community issues to represent your views and get the best advantage for the local area
- Engaging with all interested parties regarding current and future shape of life in the local area
- Manage Parish cemetery and allotments
Who are we?
The Parish has Councillors elected by the residents every four years. Below is more information on your councillors