What do we do?
The Parish Council is the first tier of local governments and the one closest to the community in which it operates. In England there are four tiers of local government, each serving a greater geographical area and larger population:
- The Parish Council
- The District Authority (e.g. South Cambs District Council
- The County Council
- Regional Government.
Our Duties Include:
- Management of specific land within the Parish
- Reviewing and commenting on planning applications within the Parish
- Liaising with relevant authorities regarding infrastructure/policing/community issues to represent your views and get the best advantage for the local area
- Engaging with all interested parties regarding current and future shape of life in the local area
- Manage Parish cemetery and allotments
Who are we?
The Parish has Councillors elected by the residents every four years. Below is more information on your councillors
|Stephen Bartlett||Chairman||ChairGW@wilbrahams.co.uk||Register of Interests|
|Sally Ramus||Register of Interest|
|Joy Bray||Register of interests|
|Roddy Tippen||Register of Interests|
|Claire Jackman||Register of Interests|
|Christopher Hanson||Register of Interests|
Councillor Roles & Responsibilities – GWPC Councillor Responsibilities 2016-2017
Stand as a local Councillor – Polling Day: Thursday 3rd May 2018
Make a difference to your Parish Council.
- Get involved with your community
- Have a say about local issues people care about
- Influence local service delivery
- Decide how local money is spent to improve your community
For nomination packs please contact the Parish Clerk – clerkGW@wilbrahams.co.uk
When we meet
The full Parish Council meets on the third Thursday of July, September, November, January, March and May at 7:30pm in the Wilbrahams’ Memorial Hall. In addition, it holds an Annual Parish Meeting in April.
The 2017/2018 dates are:
15th June 2017, 20th July 2017, 14th September 2017, 16th November 2017, 18th January 2018, 15th March 2017, Annual Parish Meeting 26th April 2018 and Annual meeting of the Parish Council 17th May 2018.